Dr. James Robinson
James E. Robinson, M.D
Health Sciences Center
1430 Tulane Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70112
James E. Robinson, M.D serves as Principal Investigator on the research project investigating the roles of protective or pathogenic B cell epitopes in human Lassa Fever. Dr. Robinson’s primary research role is to produce human monoclonal antibodies (MAbs) against glycoproteins of Lassa virus and other arenaviruses.
Dr. Robinson has many years of experience in generating human and monkey MAbs that recognize HIV-1, HIV-2, and SIV surface glycoproteins. He was the first to explore the identification of conserved and variant epitopes of HIV-1 SU (gp120) using human MAb produced by EBV-transformed cell lines.
Dr. Robinson has had continuous NIH grant support since 1987 for his work on producing and characterizing HIV-1, HIV-2, SIV human and rhesus MAbs. He is currently a collaborating investigator in the NIH Center for HIV/AIDS Vaccine Immunology (CHAVI) headed by Barton Haynes at Duke University and his is a collaborating investigator in four large consortia projects funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Neutralizing and non-neutralizing monoclonal antibodies against dengue virus E protein derived from a naturally infected patient
Schieffelin JS, Costin JM, Nicholson CO, Orgeron NM, Fontaine KA, Isern S, Michael SF, Robinson JE.
Virol J. 2010 Feb 4;7:28.
- Quaternary epitope specificities of anti-HIV-1 neutralizing antibodies generated in rhesus macaques infected by the simian/human immunodeficiency virus SHIVSF162P4
Robinson JE, Franco K, Elliott DH, Maher MJ, Reyna A, Montefiori DC, Zolla-Pazner S, Gorny MK, Kraft Z, Stamatatos L.
J Virol. 2010 Apr;84(7):3443-53. Epub 2010 Jan 27.
- Antigenic conservation and immunogenicity of the HIV coreceptor binding site
Decker JM, Bibollet-Ruche F, Wei X, et al.
J Exp Med. 2005 May 2;201(9):1407-19.
- Conformational epitope on gp120 important in CD4 binding and human immunodeficiency virus type 1 neutralization identified by a human monoclonal antibody
Ho DD, McKeating JA, Li XL, Moudgil T, Daar ES, Sun NC, Robinson JE.
J Virol. 1991 Jan;65(1):489-93.
- Human monoclonal antibody that recognizes the V3 region of human immunodeficiency virus gp120 and neutralizes the human T-lymphotropic virus type IIIMN strain
Scott CF Jr, Silver S, Profy AT, Putney SD, Langlois A, Weinhold K, Robinson JE.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1990 Nov;87(21):8597-601.
- Diffuse polyclonal B-cell lymphoma during primary infection with Epstein-Barr virus
Robinson JE, Brown N, Andiman W, et al.
N Engl J Med. 1980 Jun 5;302(23):1293-7.
- Plasmacytic differentiation of circulating Epstein-Barr virus-infected B lymphocytes during acute infectious mononucleosis
Robinson JE, Smith D, Niederman J.
J Exp Med. 1981 Feb 1;153(2):235-44.
- Host-determined differences in expression of surface marker characteristics on human and simian lymphoblastoid cell lines transformed by Epstein-Barr virus
Robinson JE, Andiman WA, Henderson E, Miller G.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1977 Feb;74(2):749-53.