Dr. Danny Park
Dr. Danny Park, Ph.D.
Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard
75 Ames St
Cambridge, MA 02142
Daniel Park is the group leader for viral computational genomics at the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard. Under the direction of Institute Member Pardis Sabeti, Park leads the genomic analysis and development of computational methods for viral projects at the Broad, including work on Ebola, Lassa, and unidentified viral fevers. Park joined the Broad in 2006, and was awarded a Graduate Research Fellowship from the National Science Foundation in 2010. Park earned his Ph.D. in organismic and evolutionary biology from Harvard University in 2013, where he developed and utilized computational tools to identify adaptations in the P. falciparum malaria parasite that allow it to evade modern drugs and global eradication efforts.
- Park DJ, et al. Ebola virus epidemiology, transmission, and evolution during seven months in Sierra Leone.
Cell, in press.
- Genomic surveillance elucidates Ebola virus origin and transmission during the 2014 outbreak
Gire SK, Goba A, Andersen KG, Sealfon RS, Park DJ, Kanneh L, Jalloh S, Momoh M, Fullah M, Dudas G, Wohl S, Moses LM, Yozwiak NL, Winnicki S, Matranga CB, Malboeuf CM, Qu J, Gladden AD, Schaffner SF, Yang X, Jiang PP, Nekoui M, Colubri A, Coomber MR, Fonnie M, Moigboi A, Gbakie M, Kamara FK, Tucker V, Konuwa E, Saffa S, Sellu J, Jalloh AA, Kovoma A, Koninga J, Mustapha I, Kargbo K, Foday M, Yillah M, Kanneh F, Robert W, Massally JL, Chapman SB, Bochicchio J, Murphy C, Nusbaum C, Young S, Birren BW, Grant DS, Scheiffelin JS, Lander ES, Happi C, Gevao SM, Gnirke A, Rambaut A, Garry RF, Khan SH, Sabeti PC.
Science. 2014 Sep 12;345(6202):1369-72.
- Sequence-based association and selection scans identify drug resistance loci in the Plasmodium falciparum malaria parasite.
Park DJ, et al.
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 2012 Aug 7;109(32):13052-7.
- Harnessing genomics and genome biology to understand malaria biology.
Volkman SK, et al.
Nature Reviews Genetics. 2012 Apr 12;13(5):315-28.
- Identification and functional validation of the novel antimalarial resistance locus PF10_0355 in Plasmodium falciparum.
Van Tyne D, Park DJ, et al.
PLoS Genetics. 2011 Apr;7(4):e1001383..